Monday 11 January 2010

Bloggin'

Welcome to my Blog. I feel as though I should have a blog. It's a bit like how I felt like I needed a Myspace, and then I needed to get Bebo, and, indeed, Facebook. I am in love with Facebook so it is ok that I am attached. We have a loving relationship based on a lack of a social life - very rewarding.

I must note that I have this blog as Jenny's blog was rather inspiring, especially the New Year Resolutions and sharing thoughts with everyone, of which my parallel feelings are surely quite hidden. I will share now, and it will probably be like watching Mrs Doubtfire or the Office and you just want the ughh to stop but keep on watching and watching and watching.....

Thoughts of today:

First, I am ill. I have been ill for the last week. Delightfully it started with dizzy spells and a sore stomach and it has become a quasi-cold. I don't like being ill, it brings out a clingy, depressingly needy side of me which is usually only 90% uncovered but for the while will be 100%. Stuart puts up with A LOT. It also involves pillows and hot water bottles and Pingin. Pingin will come into his own later.

Secondly, I am studing for exams I don't have for 5 months. I delayed it as long as I could be inevitably my final year has arrived and it is nervous-breakdown central. How cliched, but I am not your average student. I'll have the real breakdown you will see. To fill a gap, I am studying History and Politics at University of Strathclyde, with the knowledge that to get into postgraduate I realistically need a first but I have been a solid 68 for 3 years now. In fact, working towards such grades has dominated my conciousness for a long time and my social life, Facebook aside, involves a bunch of dead people and the ridiculous jardon of Political Science. I view life through an academic "paradigm". That was an example for the people sensible enough not to study such topics. I like History. I get better marks in Politics. Hence the Joint Honours. Anyhow, Semester one has passed but the exams are in May not January and I am studying for them now in the full knowledge that there will just not be the time in May for those AND semester two classes. The next five months are going to be the knees of a bee, as a nice guy once said.

Thirdly, it has occurred to me that Blog writing makes me feel awfully arrogant and pompous. Probably am.

Fourthly, as my other half just pointed out to me, I am getting married. By 27th August this year I will be some guy's wife. I don't want to dwell on this too much as it feels so self-indulgent and I will probably need to have a bath afterwards to wash it off. I will need the bath anyway to wash off the ill feeling. Yep so, it's a love story. Once upon a time a girl called Helen lived in a little town where nothing much happened and all her friends lived in other similar towns too far away to visit without a car. So she used this new-fangled device called the internet to communicate with her friends, but also lots of random people who, according to the media, were all paedophiles. Helen conversed with many paedophiles, finding a select few who were execptionally good at being virtual friends and kept in touch for many years. There were two of most importance, one being the love of her life, the other being one super-cool girl from Australia. The girl from Australia now comes to stay when she can, but that is not the focus of this story. Anyhow, when the girl went to University to embark on the start of a career as a ridiculous word decipherer she ended up meeting the other one from the internet as he lived in the depths of Coatbridge, not Australia. They were friends, then they were best friends, then they were boyfriend and girlfriend, then they were flatmates, then they were engaged. Of course there were many more details in between, but that they had a lot of fun will suffice. Let's return to the first person, and I am getting married. So, apart from the stresses of uni, there is the palava (and please note this is the only word to describe it) of arranging a wedding. For all who have not done this yet, my experience of it is basically you are trying to make A LOT of people all want the same thing and be happy with it to the most minute detail. Of course this is impossible and that is why I am going to have to piss off everyone I know. Yes, so I am fed up of writing about this now that I am going to stop. It is dreary. I should mention the actual event of marrying Stuart is not dreary, but so exciting I could explode and splat all over the granny wallpaper of my flat.

So basically these are the things that are either presently of importance or generally of excessive importance. It is also my cats' (Molly and Maisie) birthday on Thursday and I am planning on making a cake made of Tuna, Cat Food, and Cat Treats, so not everything in my life reflects the regular path I should be taking.

Lots of Love and pizza (as I shall be eating such delicacies imminently) from your favourite Blogging Bobben.

No comments:

Post a Comment